The Department of Cognitive Psychology is looking fo suitable candidates for a 3-year postdoc position (subject to one year probationary period).
• The researcher will conduct, under supervision, research into the relationship between, and the mechanisms behind, attention and memory. The focus will be on (neuro)computational modelling of different attentional and memory states.
• Learn necessary techniques
• Promote team work with researchers working on similar projects.
• Write high standard international peer-reviewed publications.
• A PhD degree in cognitive psychology, neuroscience, artificial intelligence or related field.
• Demonstrable technical and modelling skills.
• Demonstrable (affinity with) cognition research
• Proficient English writing
• Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary research team
You can find information about our employment conditions at www.workingatvu.nl, e.g.:
• A 3-year (postdoc) research period, subject to one year probationary period (this means that he initial contract is for 1 year), starting summer 2015.
• remuneration of 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• solid pension scheme (ABP);
• generous contribution (65%) commuting allowance based on public transport.
Standard salary in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel.
For more information you can contact: Prof. Chris Olivers, [email protected]
PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS TO [email protected]
Contract length:1 year + 2 years
Institution:VU University Amsterdam
Prof Chris Olivers
vd Boechorststraat 1
1081 BT Amsterdam
Phone +31 20 5988974
Email [email protected]