One post-doctoral position is available immediately at the NYU School of Medicine for research and development of the next generation of non-invasive and invasive brain-machine interfaces. The candidate will have the opportunity to prototype technologies that are responsive to neurophysiological signals, including electroencephalography (EEG) and electrocorticography (ECOG) in a real time and responsive manner. The candidate will design concepts, execute prototyping and perform analysis of prototypes. The candidate will benefit from the rich resources the NYU Neuroscience Community, including the School of Medicine, Neuroscience Institute, and Center for Neural Science, and collaborate closely with a team of leading neuroscientists, physicians, and biomedical engineers.
Candidates should have a background in electrical or biomedical engineering, and be proficient in MATLAB. Desire to learn about neuroscience and neurophysiological signal processing. Some experience with EEG algorithm development, analysis, and optimization desirable but not required. Candidates should be able to work independently and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. Strong follow-through and problem solving skills a must.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- PhD. degree in Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
- Experience with experimental neurophysiology desirable but not required
- Hardware and software development background
- Passion for creative problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send a letter describing research experience and interests, a CV and contact information for three references electronically to Dr. Orrin Devinsky at [email protected] or Dr. Gyorgy Buzsaki at [email protected]